Sunday, October 31, 2010

Do They Call You Thumper?


Leg or other muscle twitches are caused by involuntary spasms. These can happen anywhere in the body, including the hands and shoulders, or under your eyes. My husband thinks that when I say something important and my eye twitches, that means I am thinking more than what I’m saying. Some superstitious folks believe that a twitch in your eye is a sure sign that you’re lying—I think it’s a sign of mineral imbalance or nervous system depletion.
I once had a client who asked for some help for his twitching leg. His e-mail explained that as soon as he was getting ready to fall asleep each night, his leg would begin twitching uncontrollably! This twitching would aggravate him and keep him awake.
I was amused at his symptom because I couldn’t help getting the visual image of a dog shaking its leg when it’s tickled. When I realized that this person had a sense of humor, I also couldn’t refrain from addressing him as “Thumper.” Thumper went along with this name game while he began to take an herbal trace mineral supplement along with an herbal combination that would soothe his nervous system to help him relax.
Thumper says he put some of the liquid supplements in his bowl, lapped ’em right up, and slept like a baby that very first night! He told me that he didn’t know anything about herbs and that he might have been “barking up the wrong tree” by consulting me, but so far he has seen results. All kidding aside, since he has taken his herbs, he has not reported any more thumpin’.

No comments: